Sun, May 15|
Longwood Park - pavilion and boat dock
Darrgh Days on Lanier
Weenie Dogs ~~ Water ~~ WOW
Time & Location
May 15, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Longwood Park - pavilion and boat dock, 20 Pearl Nix Pkwy, Gainesville, GA 30501, USA
About the Event
Gather ye swashbucklers, landlubbers & scallywags! Alert the powder monkey. DREAM is planning a day of Sausage Sailing, Frankie Floating, & Bark-Bark Boating with all ye' mateys and your long-dogs on deck. It's gonna be a yo-ho-hoppin' good time. So batten down ye hatches and chart ye course to Longwood Park on Lake Lanier.
Yes, me hearties, do join us for a day of fun at beautiful Lake Lanier to celebrate and benefit the long dogs with a pirate-themed fundraiser. There will be plenty of activities to keep ye, ye picaroons, and ye fur-mateys entertained throughout the day including:
Costume Contest Doxie Walk the plank Doxie Peg Leg Race
Treasure Hunt Photo Booth Kid friendly activities
Boat rides courtesy of our seadogs (ie boat captains) (up to 4 people and 2 pups each ride)
Reservations for a lake cruise are a MUST.
For grub, we're offering a hotdog bar with all the toppins' available....in exchange for a doubloon or two!
Be sure to check out our sales & raffle tables for some must have booty. And don't miss out on our 50/50 raffle which is sure to bring in a great bounty.
We'll wrap up the day with a good ole fashion Sea Shanty!!!!! We also have some great T-shirts for this event. Please be sure to order yours early so it will arrive in time for the event. Just follow this link: ORDER T-SHIRTS HERE
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO VETTING COSTS FOR DREAM DACHSHUND RESCUE OF GEORGIA, A 501C3 ALL-VOLUNTEER LICENSED RESCUE.
- Bring your camp chairs or picnic blankets & gear. There are picnic tables (albeit very hard) under the pavilion.
- Yes, there are restrooms on site at the pavilion.
- There is a swim area (with no lifeguard - so swim at your own risk) as well as a kid's playground.
- There is a self-serve kayak / paddle board rental stand, if you desire. See Gnarly Marsh.
- You may bring your own kayaks or paddle board, as there is an easy place to beach-launch from, just next to the boat dock.
- NO motor boat launch ramp at this location. If you are going to bring your own motor boat for the day, please contact Becky Burns at the email address above. You will not be allowed to tie up at the dock located at the park so bring your own anchors. And for those who may need it, there is a boat ramp close by Holly Park.